VLC End of Season Awards - Nominate Your Away Goal of The Season Here! | Vital Football

VLC End of Season Awards - Nominate Your Away Goal of The Season Here!

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
The deadline is 21:00 next Thursday! Please state one goal and your reason(s) for the nomination!

Basing this on games I was at rather than those I wasn't (so Barnsley game not included), Joe Taylor's equaliser at Cheltenham a couple of weeks ago. A game we needed a spark and that was it. A run from our half and perseverance to stay alive to the second ball and a terrific bend into the top corner.

Danny Mandriou’s goal at Barnsley. A superbly crafted goal that had both team and individual bits to it. Ben House won the ball on the touchline and drove down the line, played it inside and Joe Taylor’s back-heel was exquisite. Mandriou then did the rest taking on the whole Barnsley defence before hitting it back across the keeper. 👏

Pick any one of the first 4 at Barnsley, that match turbocharged the end of season run and those goals all top quality.

Jack Moylan's two were both sensational. The interception, slaloming run and composed finish for the first, the clean strike for the second from distance.

I'll nominate the second, howitzer strike, but might be back in 30 minutes to go for Jack's first!

Moylan's first goal at Barnsley, genuinely Messi-esque. Reclaims the ball in their half, resists the urge to lay it off, passes through several defenders like a phantom, then calmly finishes at the far post. Lovely just to think about!